(Blaine, MN…) Chris Tiedeman was elected by the Republican Party of Minnesota State Central Committee today to represent Minnesota on the Republican National Committee as the National Committeeman. Tiedeman begins his new job immediately and will fill the remainder of Jeff Johnson’s term on the committee after Johnson stepped down to run for governor.
“I am pleased to welcome Chris’ energy and ideas to the Republican National Committee,” said Keith Downey, Chairman of the Republican Party of Minnesota. “He has earned the respect of Republicans across the state because he has worked with us in the trenches as a party leader, consultant and candidate.”
Chris Tiedeman is a longtime Republican activist and campaign strategist. He got his start in politics at St Olaf College as State Chairman of the Minnesota College Republicans and Treasurer of the College Republican National Committee. In 2000 he was a candidate for the Minnesota State House of Representatives. He is a Principle and part owner of Weber Johnson Public Affairs, a Public Affairs and Political Consulting firm located in St Paul where he focuses on grassroots and strategic consulting. Chris serves on the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Adoption Resource Network, a non-profit focused on advocating for kids stuck in the system looking for forever families. He lives in Blaine.
“I am excited to get going in this new role with the MNGOP to keep growing the party and help communicate a compelling message of conservative solutions and ideas,” said Tiedeman regarding his election.
– 30 –
- Republican Party of Minnesota Launches TruthMatters Website (douglascountyminnesotarepublicans.com)
- Official Gubernatorial and U.S. Senate Straw Poll Results (douglascountyminnesotarepublicans.com)
- The Passing of One of Our Best, Rod Grams (douglascountyminnesotarepublicans.com)
- Tiedeman, Minn. GOP Veteran, Elected To RNC Post (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Never Forget, Always Rememberin g the Lives Lost on 9/11 (douglascountyminnesotarepublicans.com)