Can you believe this? Just six months ago, Governor Dayton signed into law the creation of MNSure, Minnesota’s implementation of Obamacare. He was among the first of several Democrat governors to fall in lockstep with President Obama.
Apparently, our Governor didn’t read the bill.
Now Dayton says the program isn’t working and the number of Minnesotans adversely affected by the federal law is “staggering.”
- After spending more than $150 million of YOUR money, not a single Minnesotan has been able to complete the enrollment process and pay for new coverage.
- At least 140,000 Minnesotans have received letters from their current insurers informing them their plans will be discontinued.
- As many as 1 in 20 Minnesotans will be forced to give up policies they like, with doctors of their choosing, and forced into more expensive policies that cover services they don’t need.
When asked about a 56 year old man being required to purchase maternity care, Dayton replied, “it defies common sense.”
Attempting to distance himself from a president whose approval numbers are tanking, Dayton told reporters that he has little influence as governor, but, he said, “the president promised that if people like their current policy, they could keep it.”
Little influence? Perhaps Governor Dayton should take another look at his job description. He didn’t have to sign MNSure into law forcing millions of Minnesotans to change their health care coverage.
Not one Republican voted for Obamacare. Not one. Governor Dayton brought Obamacare to Minnesota and he needs to take responsibility for the results of implementing the federal program through MNSure.
~ Republican Party of Minnesota
- Republican Party of Minnesota Launches TruthMatters Website (douglascountyminnesotarepublicans.com)
- Dayton: Americans Should Be Able To Keep Insurance (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Reality Check: MNsure’s First Month (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Gov. Dayton: Americans should be able to keep insurance (lacrossetribune.com)